Strong partnerships can plan, coordinate, deliver and monitor activities to ensure the quality of the initiative and the sustainability of efforts.
Strong partners are those that:
- Carefully plan, implement and monitor programs with appropriate tools and systems
- Manage for clearly defined results
- Partner strategically to maximize impact and leverage support
- Respond to their communities needs and interests and strengthen education networks and systems
- Invest in local in-country partner organizations to be national leaders who best manage literacy interventions and link with communities, government and other players for maximum results
- The local partners in turn invest in developing the skills of local leaders, education officials and representatives of the book sector to be equipped to implement and oversee literacy initiatives